We pause for station identification...
First: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This seems like a good time to dust off the debris of 2013 and post a small signal boost...
My name is Eric Trautmann. I'm a writer based in the Pacific Northwest. These days, I mostly write comic books, but I've also written prose fiction and nonfiction, pop culture columns, dialogue for videogames, dice and paper roleplaying games and probably a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting.
I'm also a graphic designer; book design is my primary focus, but I also do a lot of commercial design (business cards, promotional pieces, and so on), and comic book-related work (logos, lettercolumn layout, promo posters, and so forth.) I have some samples here.
Where to find me online:
- Facebook. This is my "pro" page. I post new project announcements, reviews, and stay pretty current. (I do have a personal page as well, but I prefer to "friend" folks I know personally. Please don't be offended if I refer you to the fan page.)
- More Facebook. There's also a Facebook page for FROST, a creator-owned, digitral exclusive comic I co-write with Brandon Jerwa, illustrated by Giovanni Timpano.
- Twitter. I'm pretty prolific there, also, but, unlike all the other links to follow, it's completely NSFW, largely because that's the one space online where I get all cranky and sweary.
- Tumblr. Largely images and artwork I think is cool, and the (very) occasional home of process blogs too long for Twitter and too inside-baseball for Facebook.
- Google+. I only use it sporadically, and when I do, it's largely as a home for short fiction. There's a couple pieces up there now (and one in process), but I hope to do at least one a month in 2013. (This means I'll probably have time for four. Sigh.)
- About.me. Basically an online business card. You probably won't care.
- Spotify. I mostly play music popular when I wasn't a withered mummy (lots of jangly pop crap from the '80s) and a ton of blues.
- Flickr. Mostly a place where I toss desktop wallpapers I've made for personal use or for friends. Help yourself.
- Instagram. I promise, only a few of them are cat pics.
Finally, there's always boring old e-mail.