THE ART OF HALO: CREATING A VIRTUAL WORLD
Text by Eric Trautmann (with Frank O'Connor)
When Halo® hit the shelves with the launch of the Xbox® in 2001, it was an immediate sensation. This action-packed science fiction—military combat game, set on a distant, war-torn, artificial planet, became an instant triumph with gamers–and scored numerous awards for its innovations, irresistibility, and sheer thrills. The Art of Halo is a showcase of its stunning visual style, a fascinating guided tour through the making of the phenomenon–from bright idea to brilliant result–and a testament to the creativity of the artists at Bungie Studios.
- Meet the brains behind Bungie, the birthplace of Halo
- Feast your eyes on a panorama of all-new artwork from its spectacular sequel Halo 2—one of the most eagerly-awaited games of 2004
- Discover the art of game design from the inside out, in interviews with–and illustrations by–the Halo creative team
- Learn the secrets of designing gear from the artists themselves
- Follow the construction of a crucial sequence from storyboard to completion, along with pages from the actual script
- Thrill to a gallery of glorious Halo artwork, including action figure designs, game packaging, cartoon strips, posters, T-shirts, and more
It’s all here–the story behind the sensation that GamePro declares “above and beyond what console gamers have come to expect”–in one virtuoso volume!
Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: Del Rey (November 9, 2004)
Order via Amazon